4350 La Jolla Village Drive, Suite 370, San Diego, CA 92122
Apart from her active practice representing an array of industries, Sharon is dedicated to immigration advocacy through ongoing commitments to the national immigration bar.
Sharon has a BA in Political Science from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and a JD from the University of San Diego. Sharon is the proud dog-mom of two very spoiled Chihuahuas, Briscoe and Molly. When she is not at work, Sharon can be found watching Law & Order reruns and binge-watching Netflix over a glass of wine, reading, traveling, and trying new restaurants. She also recently began studying American Sign Language.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
B.A., University of Massachusetts, Amherst
State Bar of California
Publications and presentations
- ABIL Regulatory Comment to USCIS on Proposed new Form I-9, with additional ABIL members, January 2016
- Shannon Barnes and Sharon Mehlman “Risky Business: Assumptions in the Hiring Process” Benders Immigration Bulletin, January 2015.
- Shannon Barnes and Sharon Mehlman “Risky Business: Assumptions in the Hiring Process” Benders California Labor and Employment Bulletin, November 2014
- Sharon Mehlman, DeAnne Hilgers, Eileen Momblanco “Negotiating with ICE in the I-9 audit process” Federal Bar Association Worksite Enforcement Conference Handbook, October 2013
- Sharon Mehlman and Marketa Lindt “Completing the New I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification Form” AILA Immigration Forms Toolbox, July 2013
- Neil Dornbaum, Sharon Mehlman, Linda Rose “Managing Frustrations About Recruitment In the PERM Process.” AILA Annual Conference Handbook, June 2013
- “Negotiate with ICE- Reduce Those I-9 Fines!” – The I-9 and E–Verify Blog/Law Logix, January 2013
- “Does the I-9 Receipt Rule Really Mean What it Says?” The I-9 and E–Verify Blog/Law Logix, May 2012
- ABIL Regulatory Comment to USCIS on Proposed new Form I-9, with Charles Kuck, Nicole Kersey, Angelo Paparelli, & Julie Pearl, May 2012
- Marketa Lindt, Rick Gump, Sharon Mehlman. “Practitioner’s Guide to Conducting Effective I-9 Self-Audits” AILA Mid-year Conference Handbook, January 2012
- Kathleen Grzegorek, Sharon R. Mehlman & Sandra M. Wagner, “Entrepreneurial immigrants could mean creation of more jobs for U.S. citizens”, in the Union Tribune San Diego, Op-Ed article, January 26, 2012.
- “Issues to Consider in Reviewing I-9 Procedures and Compliance: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You” Immigration Options for Academics and Researchers (AILA), Fall 2011. (co-authored with Kimberley Robidoux)
- Practical Guidance for Establishing an Employer’s I-9 Processes and Procedures. AILA California Chapters Conference Handbook, November, 2011. (co-authored with Kimberley Robidoux)
- Alan Tafapolsky, Lisa Spiegel, Sharon Mehlman, and Ally Bolour. “The Big, Bad, Blue RFE: H-1B Petitions for Small and New Businesses.” California Chapters Conference Handbook, November 2004
- William Stock, Marketa Lindt, Sharon Mehlman, Kristen Schlenger, David Wolfe Leopold. “Making Extreme Adjustments: Advanced Issues in Adjustment of Status Practice” 2002 AILA Annual Conference Handbook
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers and Partners – 2009-Present (Ranked in California and Nationwide)
- International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers – 2008-Present
- Who’s Who Legal: California – 2007-Present
- Super Lawyers – San Diego – 2011-Present
- Best Lawyers in America – 2008-Present
- AV rated Attorney (Martindale Hubbell)
TS is a boutique business immigration law firm with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, London, and Singapore dedicated to helping global businesses onboard the foreign national talent they need to innovate, compete, and grow.