33 New Montgomery St #1400, San Francisco, CA 94105
Ron is Senior Counsel in our San Francisco office and is a nationally recognized expert in US immigration law. He is the co-editor of the leading national immigration law treatise Immigration Law and Procedure, and is the author of AILA’s Focus on EB2 & EB3 Degree Equivalency, a standard desk-top reference book for immigration attorneys nationwide.
Ron was named the Northern California Lawyer of the Year in Immigration Law for 2018 by Best Lawyers as reported in the Wall Street Journal. He also received the 2011 American Immigration Lawyers Association’s Edith Lowenstein Award for advancing the practice of immigration law, and AILA’s Edward L. Dubroff Memorial Award for Excellence in Research and Writing in the Field of Immigration Law. He has received the top A/V Preeminent rating for attorneys issued by Martindale-Hubble, and has been a member of the editorial board for the national law journal Bender’s Immigration Bulletin since 2000. He has served on numerous national committees of the American Immigration Lawyers Association to help resolve immigration law issues having nationwide impact.
Ron holds a J.D. degree from the University of Colorado, a Ph.D. in Environmental Science & Engineering from UCLA, and a Bachelor’s degree in Physics from California State University, Los Angeles. He is also a 5th Degree black belt in the martial art of Aikido.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
J.D., University of Colorado
Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
B.S., University of California, Los Angeles
American Immigration Lawyers Association
State Bar of Colorado
Publications and presentations
- Author, Book, EB2 and EB3 Degree Equivalency, Supplement
- Co-Editor, Book, Immigration Law and Procedure
- Various Speaking Engagements and Articles published at AILA Annual Conferences as well as AILA California Chapter conferences
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers and Partners, Immigration – California
- Chambers and Partners, Immigration – USA – Nationwide
- Who’s Who Legal, Thought Leaders – Corporate Immigration
- 2011 Edith Lowenstein Memorial Award for excellence in advancing the practice of immigration law, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- 2006 President’s Award received for his contributions to the landmark case, Matter of Health America, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- 1997 Edward L. Dubroff Award in recognition of outstanding scholarship in the field of immigration law, American Immigration Lawyers Association