The Irish government has announced that 43 additional job titles are now eligible for an employment permit and the government has also increased the salary thresholds required for certain employment permits.
The main changes include:
- 11 roles added to the Critical Skills Occupations List
- 32 roles made eligible for a General Employment Permit
- The salary requirement for a majority of the General Employment Permit holders will rise from €30,000 to €34,000
- Critical Skills with a degree will rise from €32,000 to €38,000 and then possibly to €44,000 (in January 2025)
- Intra-Company Transfer will rise from €40,000 to €46,000 and then possibly to €53,000 (in January 2025)
- These salary thresholds are effective as of 17 January 2024
- A Labour Market Needs Test (LMNT) will also be required for General Employment Permit applications, and this test must reflect the revised salary thresholds
Below are some of the occupations added to the Critical Skills Occupation list:
- Chemical Engineer
- Project Engineer
- BIM Manager
For a complete list and detailed information on these changes, including the specific salary threshold updates, please click here.
Please reach out to the T&S EMEA team for further information and details on these upcoming changes.