- Entry Restrictions
International travel to the Vietnam is currently restricted, except for the following passengers:
- Nationals of Vietnam;
- Passengers travelling on business as technical experts, business managers, or high-tech workers holding the required entry approval*, and their family members.
Please note that visa exemptions for nationals of Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, Spain and Sweden have been suspended until further notice:
- Certificates of Visa Exemptions previously granted to nationals of Belarus, Japan and Russia are no longer valid. Similarly, Certificates of Visa Exemptions previously granted to residents of China (PRC), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom can no longer be used.
Additionally, all visa on arrival arrangements have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
Passengers travelling to Vietnam on business/work (as technical experts, business managers, or high-tech workers) must possess an international medical insurance or have the host company in Vietnam agree to pay any COVID-19 related treatment costs; and a medical certificate showing a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test issued 3-5 days prior to arrival in Vietnam.
*To obtain the entry approval for experts, the sponsoring/host entity in Vietnam will need to undertake the following steps:
- Prepare an entry plan, transportation plan, accommodation, meeting place(s), meeting attendee(s), workplace(s), physical field(s) location, travel schedule(s), and submit the plan to the provincial Department of Health (DOH) at least 2 weeks prior to the proposed entry (the provincial DOH issue either an entry and quarantine approval or a request for a revised plan;
- After the approval letter is issued by the provincial DOH, the company shall submit the entry demand approval application (including the approved quarantine plan) to the Labor Department;
- Submit special entry visa/permit application to submit to Immigration Bureau; and
- Final application to submit to the International Health Quarantine Center (IHQC) and provincial Center for Disease Control.
2. Quarantine/Self-Isolation Requirements
Upon arrival in Vietnam, all travelers (including nationals of Vietnam) are subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine period to be completed at a quarantine hotel pre-approved by the provincial authorities, except for foreign experts who will stay in Vietnam for less than 14 days and who hold an international medical certificate covering COVID-19 expenses and can present a medical certificate showing a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken within 3-5 days prior to arrival in Vietnam.
Travelers will undergo a Covid-19 test upon arrival and a second test will be conducted after the 6th day from arrival while the travelers are in quarantine. If the second test is negative, travelers who have a place of residence or a workplace with accommodation facilities will be allowed to self-quarantine at home for the remaining days of their 14-day quarantine. If no such residence or acceptable accommodation in Vietnam exists, then the travelers will continue to serve their quarantine at a designated quarantine hotel and will receive a third COVID-19 test on the 14th day after arrival.
Please note that this page is updated on an ongoing basis, but COVID-19 related restrictions and policies are subject to frequent and sudden change, often with little to no advance notice to the public. Therefore, to ensure that you have the latest updates, we recommend that you reach out to T&S at [email protected] for additional information.