90 New Montgomery Street, Suite 800, San Francisco, CA 94105
Roland is a Partner in our San Francisco office and his practice is focused on global immigration law, representing Fortune 500 and multinational companies across a broad array of industries in all types of business immigration matters, corporate policy development, advocacy, auditing and representation during government investigations, and workplace training. Roland also provides expert legal advice to start-ups and smaller companies with expanding international business operations on immigration strategies and immigration policy implementation.
Roland is frequently invited to speak before professional organizations on the latest trends in global immigration and immigration compliance. He has been selected by Who’s Who Legal as a Global Leader in the area of Corporate Immigration since 2016.
When not practicing law, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing basketball, and reading the latest exciting non-fiction books. He is fluent in German.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude, University of Arizona
J.D., University of Arizona
American Immigration Lawyers Association
State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of California
Publications and presentations
- Battle Bridge: How to Effectively Engage in Immigration Policy Advocacy for Corporate Clients, 2020 AILA Annual Global Migration Forum, San Diego, CA (upcoming)
- Global Business Development Strategies, 2019 AILA Annual Global Migration Forum, Orlando, FL
- Creating a Global Immigration Compliance Policy in 2019, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Nuts and Bolts of Global Immigration, 2018 AILA Annual Global Migration Forum, San Francisco, CA
- Outbound 101, 2015 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law, Washington, D.C.
- Meet the Experts – Global Immigration Compliance Trends, Southwest Totally Expat Show, Houston, TX
- Going Global: Delving into Outbound Immigration Matters, 2011 Annual Conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, San Diego, California
- Immigration Compliance for Expatriates to Preserve and Maintain their Lawful Permanent Resident Status while Working Abroad: A Dual Perspective from US and India, American Bar Association,
- Managing Outbound Issues: Appointing Your Ambassadors to the World, Annual Conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, National Harbor, Maryland,
- Comparative Law Insight – Immigration is a Key Tool, Arizona Attorney
Awards and Recognition
Who’s Who Legal, Global Leader in Corporate Immigration Law, 2016-Present