Public Service and Pro Bono
Commitment to Making a Difference
We have a sincere commitment to serve the communities in which we work and live. The team at Tafapolsky & Smith believes in using its strengths to help individuals in need and community-centered efforts.
In partnership with individuals, we address specific immigration matters to ensure success in their personal goals. Our firm’s pro bono efforts include representing various indigent people in asylum /deportation cases:
- Eritrean granted withholding of Deportation by an Immigration Judge
- Guatemalan granted asylum from the Asylum Office and their Green Cards were procured in immigration court due to special identity issues
- Filed Guatemalan Asylum & Suspension of Deportation application for indigenous Quiche Indian from Guatemala
However, our commitment to making a difference doesn’t stop there; fundamental changes start with legislation. We dedicate many hours to public service and make changes to the laws surrounding immigration.
A list of the public service and communities we have supported includes:
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center: Sponsor training and provide monetary support
- Asian Women’s Shelter: Provide meeting space and monetary support
- New Microsoft KIND program which is an organization that fights against the deportation of children
- Provide consultation and advice for San Francisco Zen Center
- Assist Japanese Chamber of Commerce of N.A. to procure visas for Christmas party entertainers
- Cadence Stars and Strikes sponsor each year
- Volunteers for American Immigration Lawyers Association:
- Nebraska Service Center Liaison
- Local Advocacy and congressional Liaison
- Speaking engagements and webinars of all types
If you would like to know more about our public service and pro bono efforts, please contact us.